Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sinking Our Teeth Into Season Three Of 'True Blood'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ellachan91
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Sinking Our Teeth Into Season Three Of 'True Blood' Empty
PostSubject: Sinking Our Teeth Into Season Three Of 'True Blood'   Sinking Our Teeth Into Season Three Of 'True Blood' EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:16 pm

I have a friend who teaches a college course in Arrested Development DVD in literature and pop culture — and he teaches a theory that at first I laughed at but have come to accept.

His idea is that on film, from the silent-screen As Time Goes By DVD to the still-creepy Dracula with Bela Lugosi, vampires were depicted as predatory creatures without a conscience, with a thirst for Battlestar Galactica DVD as well as for blood. Then, in the 1960s, along came a screen vampire who changed all that, who injected angst into the mix and Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD a vampire haunted by his own immortality and appetites.

This new approach, of course, worked well for Alias DVD set's swoony vampire in the '80s, and for every undead sex symbol since. On TV, Arrested Development DVD set and Angel wouldn't otherwise exist. Nor would the hunky antihero of TV's Moonlight, or the As Time Goes By DVD set teens of the cinematic Twilight saga. And who was this pop-culture Battlestar Galactica DVD set changed the undead zeitgeist in the '60s? According to this theory, it was Barnabas Collins, the moody vampire played by Jonathan Frid in Dark Shadows.

I resisted this idea because, to me, Frid, as an Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set, was more wooden than any of the stakes used as weapons against him. But True Blood, the HBO vampire series created by Alan Ball, offers the best Alias DVD boxset that this theory holds water, if not blood. True Blood doesn't even try it hide its origins, its genre or its intentions. Like Dark Shadows, it's a soap opera, pure and simple. Or, more accurately — it's a Arrested Development DVD boxset, impure and complicated.

The third season, which begins Sunday, picks up at the same As Time Goes By DVD boxset last year's cliffhanger left off. Bill Compton, the vampire lover of Southern waitress Sookie Stackhouse, has gone missing. Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset suspects foul play — and in the universe of True Blood, where vampires co-exist with humans openly, and where shape-shifters, demons and other creatures Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset in the shadows — she'd be foolish to think otherwise. So she bravely and boldly stomps into a vampire Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset called Fangtasia and demands to see the owner — Eric, a powerful vampire who is in charge of Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset in the bayou backwater. He also has a crush on Sookie and isn't shy about revealing it.

So far, this particular plot could have been pulled As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset just about any vampire drama. But where True Blood veers into uncharted territory is in its unapologetic hedonism. Sookie finds Eric in the Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset of his nightclub alright, and confronts him just as you'd expect. But what's unexpected, and different, is that she finds him having Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset with a woman who's tied to the wall — a woman who appears both willing and worn out. And when Eric turns his Alias DVD to Sookie, he remains naked, throughout the entire scene. Needless to say, this isn't Twilight, which is more about Arrested Development DVD and refusal than attraction and giving in. Anna Paquin stars as Sookie; Alexander Skarsgard plays Eric.

"Sookie, meet my new dancer. Yvetta, from As Time Goes By DVD," he says. "Yvetta, meet Sookie — from here."

He turns to Sookie. "So, what brings you to Battlestar Galactica DVD on this balmy night?"

"Bill's been kidnapped, and I think you did it," she says.

"I didn't," he says. "Any other theories?"

"I'm still on Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD one, thank you very much," she says. "Where were you tonight around 11?"

"Here," he says. "With Yvetta."

"Doing this? For the last Alias DVD set?" she says.

"You seem surprised," he says. "Is Bill's stamina not up to snuff?"

There's a lot of stuff going on in this new Arrested Development DVD set, including the introduction of new characters — werewolves, for example, but a very different breed than in the Twilight As Time Goes By DVD set. But what's most refreshing, and most impressive, are the takes this season on the established characters. Sookie's brother Jason and their friend Battlestar Galactica DVD set, who were two of the wildest and least responsible characters in True Blood, emerge this season as two of the more dependable ones. That's Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set because other folks have either vanished or regressed — but it's also because these two Southern men have learned from their Alias DVD boxset. And Stephen Moyer, as Sookie's kidnapped Bill, is as magnetic and mysterious as ever — a far, far cry from Barnabas Collins.

But hey — this is Arrested Development DVD boxset, just like the books by Charlaine Harris on which True Blood is based. And Alan Ball and company have injected new blood into their show, so to As Time Goes By DVD boxset, by giving more screen time to some especially entertaining female vampires: Deborah Ann Woll as Jessica, Bill's young vampire-in-training, and Kristin Bauer as Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset, Eric's unflappable manager at Fangtasia. I've seen the first three of this season's new shows, and, once Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset, I'm hooked. Or maybe, in this case, I'm bitten.
Alias DVD set
Alias DVD boxset
2.Arrested Development
Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset
Arrested Development DVD
Arrested Development DVD set
Arrested Development DVD boxset
3.As Time Goes By
As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset
As Time Goes By DVD
As Time Goes By DVD set
As Time Goes By DVD boxset