Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

World Cup 2010: A Peculiar, Bittersweet Moment

Go down 
AuthorMessage
siyu2010
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-03-02

World Cup 2010: A Peculiar, Bittersweet Moment Empty
PostSubject: World Cup 2010: A Peculiar, Bittersweet Moment   World Cup 2010: A Peculiar, Bittersweet Moment EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Walking around the Select Citywalk House MD dvdsmall in South Delhi on Saturday, it was clear that, at least from a retailer’s point ofHouse MD season dvd view, House seasons 1 5 football has arrived in one tree hill box setIndia.

The Nike, Pumadvd one tree hill and AdidasOne Tree Hill dvd release stores all were bedecked in soccer paraphernalia for FIFA World Cup 2010. And there was a giant Adidas Jabulani ball on the mall floor next to a stand of football stripsOne Tree Hill dvd from Argentina, Germany and France.

I asked how much for Argentina.One Tree Hill dvd season The answerone tree hill dvd season: 4,500 rupees One Tree Hill dvd box setfor the shirt and shorts, one tree hill seasons 1 6an extra 499 for the socks.

“Do I get a discount for France?” Boston Legal DVDI asked.

“Mais non!”Boston Legal dvd seasons exclaimed theBoston Legal dvd box set store assistant as he gesticulated wildly, Boston Legal seasonshis brow furrowed and eyes blazing, a faint whiff of garlic wafting from his flaring nostrils.

OK, he just said, “No,”Boston Legal DVD Seasons and walked off.

But it wasn’t suchCharmed DVD an unreasonablebuy Boston Legal DVD question given the debacle that the 1998 World Cup champions haveCharmed DVD box set perpetrated in Cheap Boston Legal DVDSouth Africa.

Even then, it was clearCharmed DVD Seasons the team was in trouble. But that was just the overture toMedium Box set the grand soap DVD Mediumopera that followed.

Star Nicolas Anelka’s Medium Seasonsexpletive-riddenCharmed DVD Box set tirade after theMedium DVD Box set defeat to Mexico. The team’s refusal to train Sunday.Medium dvds France’s sports minister, Roselyne Bachelot, telling the team they had The Apprentice DVD Box Set“tarnished France.” She also reported that they cried, according toThe Apprentice DVD the Associated Press. Team captain, Patrice Evra, dropped from last night’s gameMedium DVD Seasons against South Africa.

Not surprisinglyThe Apprentice Box Set after all thatCharmed DVD Set — and against a reinvigorated South African sideCharmed DVD 1-8 fighting toThe Apprentice DVD box set avoid elimination — France lost 2-1 in one DVD Charmed of the earlyMedium DVD eveningThe Apprentice Seasons games.

Then France came back DVD The Apprentice for an encore. The Apprentice tv series French coach Raymond Domenech refused to shake the South African coach’s hand. Mr. Evra was quoted as saying, “I think that the time is for suffering, and it is a sincere suffering.” (Bravo!) And Jean-Pierre Escalettes, president of France’s football federation, said the whole mess had destroyed “50 years prison break dvdof values,”prison break dvds the AP reported.

Team Francais,buy prison break dvd take a bow.

Few neutral observers will bemoanprison break dvd seasons the prison break dvd box setcurtain fallingprison break seasonson France’s Worldbuy prison break dvd Cup dreams.The L Word dvds Not so, The L Word dvdSouth The L Word dvd seasonsAfrica’s.

It is a peculiar,buy The L Word dvd bittersweet The L Word box setmoment right now in the competition where teams who have played well, and even win the game you The L Word dvd box setare watching, The L Word seasonsstill wind up eliminated.

Such was the case for SouthSupernatural dvds Africa, which didn’t progress despite its rousing victory because Uruguay got more points in their mini-league after beating Mexico 1-0 yesterday and Mexico got the same points butSupernatural DVD had a better Supernatural DVD Seasonsgoal difference Supernatural dvd box set (goals scored minus goals conceded.)

The poignancy of this strange moment in the World Cup cannot be overstated. Clearly, it is not victory. Nor is it quite defeat.Supernatural box set It is not a draw. It is winning but not by enough. It is losing by winning.

So, between the clean high of a win and the clean low of a loss, it stands out – and sticks in your memory. There will be millions in South Africa who remember last night for decades as the time when their team did themselves proud but came up just short against a team that on paper should have thrashed them.

How do I know what itbuy Supernatural DVD feels like?

In the 1978 World CupBones DVD Season in Argentina, Supernatural dvd series Scotland needed to beat the Netherlands, one of the tournament favorites, by a margin of three goals to get to the second round. Somehow, they got to 2-1Bones DVD. Then Scotland’s Archie Gemmill, from just outside the penalty box, danced hisBones DVD Box Set way past three defenders and slotted the ball past the keeper diving at his feet.

I checked the video on YouTube toBones DVD series make sure I had remembered it correctly. Of course I had. It was 3-1. For a moment, the next round was in sight. The excitement, oh the excitement. We were winning. We were one goal away. Scotland was on its feet. Could it be?

And then the Netherlands scored. Bones dvd seasonsScotland won 3-2. But we lost. I was 11 years old in Scotland then. It feels like it happened in the late game last night. I barely noticed that Argentina beat Greece 2-0Bones dvd box set and Nigeria and South Korea drew 2-2.

know more theThe Sopranos complete dvd world cup 2010 Buy Bones DVD news and good dvds The Sopranos dvdon www.dvdsetcollection.com
Back to top Go down

World Cup 2010: A Peculiar, Bittersweet Moment
Page 1 of 1