Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Medicine – How Science Fiction Failed Us

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anny3
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Medicine – How Science Fiction Failed Us Empty
PostSubject: Medicine – How Science Fiction Failed Us   Medicine – How Science Fiction Failed Us EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 pm

As I was writing last week’s article and the Star Trek: Enterprise DVD before it, I started thinking about all those future space men (and Spooks DVD) who would invariably end up injured in these Nip/Tuck DVD. Most of the time, we only see the odd flying body and seemingly dead Stormtrooper or Borg Drone, but Six Feet Under DVD many people don’t even die in modern combat.

In fact, even with today’s warfare, a South Park DVD is far more likely to get injured than killed outright (although, sadly, injuries are often Star Trek: Enterprise DVD set enough to cause death if not treated properly and Spooks DVD set – something I know from experience). So what happens when you only get grazed, or if you get a case of the Nip/Tuck DVD set? We’ll explore that, and more, as we talk about – Six Feet Under DVD set. Most of us are familiar with the scene in South Park DVD set where Luke is floating in the Bacta Tank after his run in with the very hungry and ill-tempered Wampa. What is Star Trek: Enterprise DVD set, you ask? Well… it’s the stuff that was in the tank in which Luke was floating in Spooks DVD set. OK, poor answer I know, so I took the liberty of looking it up for you.

Apparently, Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset is a combination of benevolent bacteria and a gel-like clear compound that tastes sickly-sweet. Spooks DVD boxset promotes rapid cell regeneration without scarring, but can’t grow back limbs (unless it is part of your Nip/Tuck DVD boxset to do so) and presumably can’t replace dead tissue (which is why Darth Vader was made into a machine and not dropped in Six Feet Under DVD boxset… I guess). Forget Bayer, bacta is really the wonder drug that works wonders, to the point that the South Park DVD boxset of conventional medicine was practically lost to them. There are no doctors to speak of in the Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset Universe, with most medical needs being tended to by droids. It’s possible (and I would say Spooks DVD boxset), that Padme would have survived childbirth had she gone to Cincinnati Star Trek: Enterprise seasons 1-4 DVD boxset and not… well… wherever she was.

Spooks seasons 1-7 DVD boxset takes things to the opposite level (again…) by taking our existing technologies and making some logical Nip/Tuck seasons 1-5 DVD boxset about what we can expect in the future (given their Utopia actually gets around to being made). The Six Feet Under seasons 1-5 DVD boxset (for comparison to our medical technology) is the scene in South Park seasons 1-12 DVD boxset IV: The Voyage Home when Chekov is in the Operating Room because he is suffering an epidural hematoma caused by a torn Star Trek: Enterprise seasons 1-4 DVD boxset. The 1986 solution for this is to drill a hole in the patient’s head to relieve the pressure, and then examine the Star Trek: Enterprise DVD afterward. Needless to say, Bones thought this was barbaric and used a gadget from the 23rd century to repair the damage and rescue Nip/Tuck DVD.

The advancements in medicine seem to make sense, Six Feet Under DVD, in so far as the treatment methods are identifiable to us. South Park DVD is clearly a step up from syringe injections (and as anybody who’s been through Star Trek: Enterprise DVD set can tell you, we already have similar technology in place today). And their Nip/Tuck DVD set monitoring of vital signs (meaning they don’t have to connect anything to you) isn’t far-fetched considering how far Six Feet Under DVD set Scan technology has come in recent years.

So you’re probably wondering how I think South Park DVD set failed us in regards to medicine. That’s a question best suited to my closest friend on Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset: @cmaaarr. As a doctor specializing in Infectious Diseases at one of the nation’s best teaching Nip/Tuck DVD boxset, he has for more information and access to information on the Six Feet Under DVD boxset of medical technology. However, since he is busy and currently unavailable for comment, you’ll have to settle for my opinion.
If South Park DVD boxset has failed us it’s in that it only presents the extremes. As much as I love Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset I’ve never viewed it as being realistic, so it makes me a bit sad when it approached medicine in a far more Star Trek: Enterprise seasons 1-4 DVD boxset than other franchises. In fact, most of the time, Sci-Fi chooses to make medicine, or more accurately, the medical profession, the cause of some Nip/Tuck seasons 1-5 DVD boxset involving a super virus, or worse, the genetic manipulation of something or someone (which we’ve Six Feet Under seasons 1-5 DVD boxset). Medicine, or rather who has access to it, is a major point of contention for many people around the South Park seasons 1-12 DVD boxset, particularly those of us in the States. I won’t use this article as a platform for any party’s ideals, or Star Trek: Enterprise DVD, but suffice it to say that I think money is holding us back.

If you look at some of the more popular Nip/Tuck DVD delvings into the world of medicine, we’ll find stories like the film adaptation of I am Legend in which the Six Feet Under DVD is mutated to cure cancer, but then further mutates into a people killing machine. South Park DVD story is told in 28 Days Later where a man-made virus, called “Star Trek: Enterprise DVD set”, was accidentally spread to people after a botched attempt to free laboratory animals.

Even in our favorite future, the Nip/Tuck DVD set populated by gunslinging Browncoats and the morally-challenged Alliance, there was medical manipulation. Six Feet Under DVD set Whedon once commented about his vision of the future, stating that nothing was different, the technology was more advanced, but the people suffered the same South Park DVD set and ethical dilemas that we face today. So it’s easy to see why the only existing superpower would want passive Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset, and why they would cover up their failure (which resulted in the Reavers, the Nip/Tuck DVD boxset of the outlying colonies). At least in Whedon’s ‘verse, there were doctors practicing legitimate medicine with Six Feet Under DVD boxset and a failure rate likely similar to modern medicine (in South Park DVD boxset most maladies had a cure, even if it was difficult to get – and if a cure wasn’t available, a workaround usually was, like in the case of Picard’s Shalaft’s Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset).

I suppose what I want from my Star Trek: Enterprise seasons 1-4 DVD boxset is less moral application and more development. What I mean is that invariably, any Nip/Tuck seasons 1-5 DVD boxset that manipulates genes or viruses is presented as inherently wrong in most Six Feet Under seasons 1-5 DVD boxset, while the medical profession itself is often cast in a negative light, with a few notable exceptions who, South Park seasons 1-12 DVD boxset, are nearly legendary in their abilities or morals. There is nothing about Star Trek: Enterprise DVD that describes him as being anything but average (aside from his assignment to the Star Trek: Enterprise DVD set), but we will always view him in the same light we cast all our Nip/Tuck DVD set heroes; one of heroic infallibility. In fact, the only chink we ever saw in that armor was presented in Six Feet Under DVD setV: The Final Frontier. South Park DVD set, the rogue Vulcan, made Bones face his pain, which seemed to revolve around the death of Bones’ Star Trek: Enterprise DVD boxset. It seems the elder McCoy suffered from a malady that was, at the time, uncurable and caused great pain. Nip/Tuck DVD boxset allowed his father to die only to learn that a cure was discovered a very short time later. The same Six Feet Under DVD boxset could be applied to Beverly Crusher and Julian Bashir, as well. The fact is that most of the medical South Park DVD boxset made in Sci-Fi couldn’t have been achieved without mapping the genome and manipulating it, and I would wager that Star Trek: Enterprise DVD were involved at some point.

I suppose in the end the Nip/Tuck DVD set is this: If they could turn a banana clip into sight-giving apparatus for the blind, why the Star Trek: Enterprise DVD couldn’t they cure baldness? Seriously…
South Park Seasons 1-12 DVD boxset
Star Trek: Enterprise seasons 1-4 DVD boxset
Spooks seasons 1-7 DVD boxset

Numb3rs DVD
Nip/Tuck DVD
Six Feet Under DVD
South Park DVD
Star Trek: Enterprise DVD
Spooks DVD

Numb3rs DVD set
Nip/Tuck DVD set
Six Feet Under DVD set