Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

How I Met Your Mother: Robin Gets the Best of Both Worlds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xoxobaby
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: How I Met Your Mother: Robin Gets the Best of Both Worlds   Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:30 pm

To be a Canadian or an American is a predicament Robin contends with in "Duel Citizenship" the fifth episode of how i met your mother 1-4 dvd's fifth season. Robin has always been loyal to her Canadian heritage since the beginning of the show and it has given the writers a lot of material for Barney, Ted, Marshall and Lily to poke fun at. This time, however, Robin is forced to leave her roots once and for all.

After hitting a guy at Hoser Hut, her favorite Canadian hangout, Robin is now being sued and could even get deported unless she becomes an American citizen. This isn't the first time how i met your mother 1-4 dvd tapped on the idea of Robin getting deported. If you recall, she almost got deported back to Canada because of a work permit notice from Immigration but was able to stay in the U.S. thanks to Barney's help and his outrageous video resume.

Once again, Barney tries to save the love of his life by prepping Robin in time for her citizenship test. It's so nice to see how supportive Barney has become as Robin's boyfriend but still manages to mock Canada all episode long with several witty lines such as "This five-dollar bill they gave you is blue ... and then there's kids playing hockey on the back! It's like you want us to make fun of you."

Robin, on the other hand, seems to have mastered everything there is to know about being an American but eventually realizes that she can't completely let go of her Canadian heritage. In the end, she makes the best decision so far by opting for a dual citizenship. In that way, she'll stay in the U.S. and be with Barney, while we can continue making fun of her Canadian heritage.
Criminal Minds dvd box set a tv show about a crack team of FBI profilers flies from Quantico to the focal point of the criminal activity of various serial killers, to investigate the evidence on the crime scenes, compose a profile and try to prevent the next fatal strike.
DR HOUSE DVD Luke: Is this a good hospital? House: Depends on what you mean by "good". I like the chairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

How I Met Your Mother: Robin Gets the Best of Both Worlds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1