Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In Afghanistan the threat to the girl, and attack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babyfish520
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-08-08

In Afghanistan the threat to the girl, and attack Empty
PostSubject: In Afghanistan the threat to the girl, and attack   In Afghanistan the threat to the girl, and attack EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Fifty-nine Afghan schoolgirls and 14 teachers were hospitalized this morning after an apparent gas poisoning, CNN reported. The attack occurred at a girls' high school in Kabul.
Ultra-conservative elements in Afghan society oppose female education and have a history of setting fire to girls' schools, click here for cheap dvds threatening teachers and attacking students. Some even earn money for doing so. Although these extremists aim to terrify girls back into isolation and ignorance, many young women refuse be intimidated.
In 2001, only 1 million Afghans were enrolled in school, all of them boys, The New York Times reported. Today, approximately 7 million Afghan children attend school, of which 2.6 million are girls. However, schools for girls still remain closed in Taliban strongholds, particularly in southern and eastern Afghanistan.
Two years ago, Shamsia Husseini was walking to school when a man on a motorbike drove up and asked if she was going to school. He then pulled the scarf away from Shamsia's head and threw acid in her face. Five other girls were also badly burned in the attack. Shamsia is now back at school, click here for cheap dvds even though she fears the man on the bike will return to hurt her again.
"I still have nightmares," she told CBS Evening News. "I will fight these people by continuing to go to school. Last time they threw acid to stop me, but even if they hit me with bullets, I will not stop going to school."
Ayenda: The Afghan Children Initiative funds projects relating to education for Afghan children. The group grants scholarships to female students, builds schools and provides food and supplies to schoolchildren in Afghanistan.
Star Wars The Clone Wars DVD
Trauma DVD Box set
Brothers and Sisters DVD
Lost 1-6 DVD
Gossip Girl DVD
Back to top Go down

In Afghanistan the threat to the girl, and attack
Page 1 of 1