Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B vitamins found to slow

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babyfish520
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-08-08

B vitamins found to slow Empty
PostSubject: B vitamins found to slow   B vitamins found to slow EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 pm

Daily tablets of large doses of B vitamins can halve the rate of brain shrinkage in elderly people with memory problems and may slow their progression toward dementia, data from a British trial showed on Wednesday,
Scientists from Oxford University said their two-year clinical trial was the largest to date into the effect of B vitamins on so-called "mild cognitive impairment" -- a major risk factor for Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. click here for cheap dvds
Experts commenting on the findings said they were important and called for larger, longer full-scale clinical trials to see if the safety and effectiveness of B vitamins in the prevention of neurodegenerative conditions could be confirmed.
"This is a very dramatic and striking result. It's much more than we could have predicted," said David Smith of Oxford's department of pharmacology, who co-led the trial.
It is our hope that this simple and safe treatment will delay development of Alzheimer's in many people who suffer from mild memory problems." click here for cheap dvds
Mild cognitive impairment (MCI) affects around 16 percent of people aged over 70 worldwide and is characterized by slight problems with memory loss, language or other mental functions.
People who had the highest levels of homocysteine at the start of the trial benefited the most from the treatment, with their brains shrinking at half the rate of those on the placebo.
Although the trial was not designed to measure cognitive ability, the researchers found those people who had lowest rates of shrinkage had the highest scores in mental tests.
Family Guy DVD Box set
Flash Forward DVD Box set
Peppa Pig DVD
Law and Order: SVU dvd box set
Nip Tuck DVD Box set
FIFA World Cup DVD
Modern Family DVD
Numb3rs DVD Box set
Back to top Go down

B vitamins found to slow
Page 1 of 1