Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some really merry men have Russel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
twohours
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Some really merry men have Russel Empty
PostSubject: Some really merry men have Russel   Some really merry men have Russel EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 pm

CANNES, France (AP) — Some really merry men have Russell Crowe's back in "Robin Hood."

The movie from director Ridley Scott casts Russell Crowe's longtime pals Kevin Durand as Little John, Nip Tuck dvd set, Scott Grimes as Will Scarlet and musician Alan Doyle as Allan A'Dayle, who fight, Mad Men 1-3, sing, drink and carouse as the backbone of the English outlaw's inner circle.
Crowe, who stars as Robin Hood, Criminal Minds complete box set, was instrumental in signing up Canadians Doyle and Durand and American Grimes — rather than native Brits — to play Robin's Merry Men.
"Russ just had this kind of idea that it was more important to see on the screen the friendship that was already there, Nip Tuck dvd set," said Grimes, best known for TV roles on "ER" and "Party of Five" and the miniseries "Band of Brothers."
Grimes and Durand appeared in Crowe's hockey romp "Mystery, Alaska," while Durand also had a role in Crowe's Western "3:10 to Yuma." Doyle, lead singer for the folk-rock band Great Big Sea, met Crowe while the actor was filming "Cinderella Man" in Toronto and went on to produce Crowe's album "My Hand My Heart."
The camaraderie among Crowe and his three sidekicks jumps off the screen as they fight side by side under the banner of King Richard the Lionheart and belt out songs together in their boozy off hours. Will, Allan and Little John share a drunken night with villagers of Nottingham in a bawdy segment that director Scott referred to as creating the world's first pub.
"Many of the things in the film are all about trying to place the characters in some piece of real history. Sort of create a plausible explanation why Robin Hood became Robin Hood and why the Merry Men became the Merry Men. Perhaps why they're placed in British lore as significantly as they are," Doyle said in an interview alongside Grimes and Durand. "Creating the first pub in Britain. You'd be remembered for that, Mad Men boxset, wouldn't you? ... Music, mead and oily wenches. What else do you want?"
While Durand, Grimes and Doyle already had the fraternal bonds to play Robin's lieutenants, they went through medieval boot camp to master the fighting skills required.
"The three of us got on a plane and went to Australia and trained our butts off," said Durand, whose credits include a recurring role on " Lost season 1-6 ." ''We had like the Robin Hood fantasy camp. It was like we were little boys living out our fantasy. Wake up in the morning, 8 a.m., archery, 9 a.m., sword-fighting."
"Do you know there's a 6 o'clock in the morning?" Doyle said. "I'm serious."
Grimes and Doyle became sharpshooters with a bow and arrow, Grey's Anatomy collection, Durand said, Star Trek The Next Generation on dvd, while he tended to miss more targets than he hit.
"I tried. I have one eye that's a lot weaker than the other. I almost took out several people," said Durand, whose Little John was a brawler, Star Trek Enterprise complete series, How I Met Your Mother boxset, not an archer, so his poor bow skills were not a handicap. "My draw, The Big Bang Theory 1-3, they gave me some pretty powerful arrows, so they were going hard and fast and wild in any direction. So they gave me a staff."
Doyle and Grimes turned their archery training into an extreme sport.
"It got to a point where Alan was so good that he got bored with doing it, and he had me one day, he walked, what would you say? About 50 yards away? Stood there, Smallville dvd set, and I had my bow and arrow, and he went, 'Shoot,'" Grimes said. "He was trying to catch an arrow as it went by.
"I got one," Doyle said. "I'm a goalie in hockey, so ..."
If "Robin Hood" turns into a hit, Crowe and Scott hope to return with some sequels, Medium on dvd, and the Merry Men are just as anxious to get back to Sherwood Forest.
"When I saw the last scene in this movie, I got so excited, because for the first time, I went, 'I'm involved in something that could go on,'" Grimes said. "We could do three or four of these things."
"I am so game. The best time that I've had yet in my career, so I would jump on my horse again so quick, Big Love complete series," Durand said.
"I'm already counting on it, The Big Bang Theory dvd 1-3, Star Trek The Original Series collection," Doyle said. "I've got the money spent. I'm shagged if we don't do it."
___
On the Net:

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/en.html

Grey's Anatomy complete seasons
Criminal Minds complete box set
NCIS dvd box set
Gossip Girl complete series
Nip Tuck dvd series
The office on dvd
Heroes boxset
Cold Case complete seasons
Lost season 1-6