Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gilmore Girls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yourbody
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-13

Gilmore Girls  Empty
PostSubject: Gilmore Girls    Gilmore Girls  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Please send all questions to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/RoushTVGuideMagQuestion: I didn't think it would happen this fast, but it did. Before Lost seasons 1-6 even went off the air, Seinfeld collection, I found myself in another situation where I fell instantly in love with a show, and in instant hate with its fans for their obsessive nit-picking and apparent desire to tear down a show they profess to love. That show is Glee. Ever since it returned from its winter hiatus, NCIS dvd series, despite its continued critical praise and blockbuster ratings, I've heard nothing but whining from so-called "fans" who aren't happy with how the show progressed. I know Glee is not a perfect show and is not above reproach, but the arguments being presented by these fans baffle me. For starters, The Office 1-6 dvd, they were upset at the amount of screen time given to special guest stars Idina Menzel and Jonathan Groff. I didn't mind this at all because one of my favorite things about Glee is how it's introducing the rest of the country to the tremendous talent of stars that usually only get to be seen by regular New York theatergoers. If Glee wants to give me a chance to hear stars of this caliber sing every week, I don't see how that's anything to complain about! (And don't even get me started about the people complaining about there being too many songs in each episode!)And despite the presence of these guest stars, all of the main characters got chances to shine in the back half of the season. Kurt had that tremendous performance of "Rose's Turn, That 70s Show 1-8," Mercedes brought down the house with "Beautiful" as well as with Puck in "The Lady is a Tramp, Underbelly dvd series, MacGyver complete series, Merlin complete series," Artie had that wonderful "Safety Dance" sequence, Merlin series 1-3, Scrubs 1-9, and we even got to discover Naya Rivera's singing talent when Santana got solos in the Madonna and Lady Gaga episodes. True, there are those two background dancer guys who only seem to get a line once every few episodes, One Tree Hill series 1-7, Medium box set 1-6, but it's common for musicals to have background dancers and chorus members, NCIS dvd set, The Unit seasons 1-4 dvd, Seinfeld dvd 1-9, and that's the role I've always assumed these guys fulfill.The backlash situation is reminding me of what happened to Lost seasons 1-6 in Season 2. Once Lost seasons 1-6 started to show its true colors as a sci-fi show, a lot of viewers left. And I'm beginning to fear that the same could happen to Glee as it begins to sink in on viewers that they are actually watching a musical. I want this show to remain the phenomenon it is. I want it to continue to make big stars out of musical theater performers and (though I admit this might be too big a wish) I want its popularity to give school boards pause when they think of cutting out their arts programs. But I fear that like Lost seasons 1-6 , Gilmore Girls box set 1-7, it might already be on its way down from cultural phenomenon to cult hit. Do you see Glee continuing to soar next season? — ErinMatt Roush: I don't think Glee is fooling anyone about its proud and loud musical-comedy identity, Lost dvds, which either learn to accept or you don't. Glee is far from peaking, Merlin seasons 1-3 dvd box set, and while it's a hit and a true pop-culture phenom, its ratings aren't as enormous as Lost seasons 1-6 's during its breakthrough first season, so I'm thinking it can sustain its current level of popularity for quite some time. And maybe even grow, although by now I'd think most of those inclined to check it out will have done so, and have either embraced it like a "gleek" or have run screaming from its "eek" factor. Don't let the sniping fool you, either. Passions run high regarding this show, and that's not entirely a bad thing. Have you ever visited a theater chat room? Bitchiest place on earth, Entourage series 1-7, Friends complete box set, Desperate Housewives dvd set, and those are people who LOVE theater in capital letters. The fabulousness of Glee extends to its guest casting, and I hope season 2 and beyond will expose the TV audience to even more stage divas, female and male variety. Glee is a wonderful, manipulative mess, and it's still finding its voice. I would hope the producers have learned volumes getting this show through its ridiculously ambitious first season. My main worry is that it, and its young cast, will be able to survive all t
Back to top Go down

Gilmore Girls
Page 1 of 1