Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What the cat draged in...

Go down 
+2
Miss Nikki
Pharfly
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pharfly
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-21

What the cat draged in... Empty
PostSubject: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 5:08 am

My old cat George is my only inside/outside cat the other 2 are inside only. Last night at 11:30pm Gord, my hubby went out for a smoke(I make him go outside cuz it's gross!!!) Anyways Gord opens the door and calls me to come. George had dropped a mouse off at his feet. It was still alive, just stunned. I put the poor thing in a box and brought her inside. I always have a spare cage set up just incase. So in she went. Her body looked fine, her tail has a couple bite marks and she was scared. Thankfully George wears soft paw nail caps. I decided too see if she was ok and then decided what to do in the morning. When I woke up she came running out of the box and look fine. So I took a couple pics and let her out loose under my shed, with an extra pile of food near by!
I believe she is a deer mouse, she's not the typical house mouse or field mouse we see all the time. I hope she's learned her lesson and keep well away from George now!
What the cat draged in... Starlitter070
"Hey human, I'm fine can I go back outside please?"
What the cat draged in... Starlitter069
What a pretty little girl, I love her white belly and huge eyes!
Good luck in the wild little mousey!
Back to top Go down
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:07 am

Aww, are you going to put her back into the wild, or will you keep her?

What a cute darling!
Back to top Go down
Pharfly
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 am

I let her go 1st thing this morning. She's cute but still a wild animal that belonngs in the wild. If she was hurt bad I would have her put to sleep(my vet wouldn't treat a wild mouse, he will euth tho.) I couldn't stand to let my cat torture her until she died. Cats are so bad that way!!! I wish I could keep George inside, but when he was living with my sister he devloped a urinary track infection and will not use a litter box anymore(uti's are painful and some cats think the litter box causes the pain). So it's either let him outside to do his buisness or in the boot closet. So it's outside he goes. He has a collar with 2 bells, but still catches the odd mouse here and there. Like last year on Mothers day he brought a live one inside. Luckly we manged to get that one back outside too.
Back to top Go down
PSC
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
PSC

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyTue Apr 08, 2008 9:17 pm

that mouse is definately a cutie! im glad you could help it out, good job Smile
Back to top Go down
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female
Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:12 pm

You have a kind soul, Pharfly! Congrats on letting mousie go into the wild. I love you
Back to top Go down
Piment
Little Mousie
Little Mousie
Piment

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 pm

I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Administrator
Administrator
Miriam

Female
Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:04 am

You're cat must really love you to bring in such nice presents! Very Happy Cat's bring gifts to the people they love and respect. Happily he brought you live gifts! Hope she's doing well out there in the great blue
Back to top Go down
http://web.mac.com/travelswithmj/ourmice/Photos.html
Pharfly
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:29 am

Lol true! Sadly George the cat has seemed to have dissapeared. He hasn't been here for 8days, which is not like him at all. He is microchipped so if he's found they shouldn't have a hard time finding us.
Back to top Go down
xoxobaby
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 am

Adversity makes a man wise, not rich.
--------------------------
House M.D dvd boxset
dvdscollection
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the cat draged in...   What the cat draged in... Empty

Back to top Go down

What the cat draged in...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum