Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Double Your Golf Club's Income in 60 seconds!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
huwoniu
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Double Your Golf Club's Income in 60 seconds! Empty
PostSubject: Double Your Golf Club's Income in 60 seconds!   Double Your Golf Club's Income in 60 seconds! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Double your income in 60 second, sounds ridiculous right? I mean if increasing business was that easy you'd already have thought of it and EVERYONE would be doing it right? Actually no, in fact you'd be astonished just how easy it is to increase income in a way that's so simple no club ever seems to do it!

Before I give you the answer let me share with you wholesale golf clubs a couple of recent experiences with you, for I've been on the road a lot, consulting the last couple of months? This weekend I toured a very high end Florida golf real estate community with my wife. During the 45 minute tour the salesman on four occasions told us what he thought of “RICH” people. (Apparently, as we told him we were only looking for a million dollar house, he did not think us one of the evil rich people!) he trash President Bush, which I know is a popular sport but he should have found out which way I leaned before doing it. To top it all off at the end of the presentation he said, "That's it no high pressure sales here!" FINE and there are no sales happening there either! Last week during a membership tour of a high-end property in the Mid West I asked the membership director, who had only been Mizuno MP-69 Irons in the position for 12 months, how long it took to play a round of golf? To this she replied six hours.

The owner who was also in the meeting rolled his eyes and about dug a hole in the floor but the fact remains, no one in management had ever offered sales training and the lady in question had NEVER read a sales book of any kind! I asked. (Since resolved I'm glad to say) Now let’s stand by the pro shop counter in Texas as the phone rings. "How much are your green fees?" says a voice on the other end. "60 bucks" the man at the counter replies as Titleist CB 712 Irons the prospective player says "Ok" and hangs up! Will he come? Will he call back? Will he spend his money with you or are you just going to let him go down the street? Sales training for ALL your frontline employees may not increase your business 100% but it will increase is significant ally, even when just booking greens fees and staggering if selling, memberships, rooms and real estate.

In a down economy YOU CANNOT afford not to TRAIN your staff how to sell Taylormade R11 Irons! Leads are too precious to waste! Let's re look at our pro shop counter scenario and instead or merely responding with a price let’s take the conversation in a different direction. As a good salesman YOU not the customer MUST take control of the conversation. Golfer: “How much are your green fees?” Pro shop: “My name is Andrew Sir may I ask yours?” Golfer: “Fred” Pro shop: “Fred have you played our course before?” Golfer: “No” Pro shop: “We let me ask you something Fred, do you like fast smooth greens?” Golfer: “Yes.” Pro shop: “Well-manicured tees and fairways?” Golfer: “Yes.” Pro shop: “And a challenging layout that allows you to use every club in your bag, for five different sets of tees so you can pick the ones you'll most enjoy?” Golfer: “Yes.” Pro shop: “Great, then I know you are going to love playing here at wounded Frog, were you looking for a morning or afternoon time?” Golfer: “Afternoon.” Pro shop: “Great I have 12:30 or would 1:50 be better for you?” Golfer: “Err, 1:50”

Now does changing the 60 second conversation to something like that produce ping g20 more GREEN FEE revenue? YES at least 20% more possibly significantly more!! Notice once you engage the customer in a conversation, price is not asked again. This will work in upwards of 30% of your calls and of course there are other scripts that get you beyond price. Is this approach for everyone? No it's only for those clubs that want to thrive and prosper in a down economy. Those clubs that know they must do more to get their share of the market and who realize that discounting alone is a path of doom! Take this same well thought out, scripted approach to membership and you are talking tens of thousands of dollars.

Back to top Go down

Double Your Golf Club's Income in 60 seconds!
Page 1 of 1