Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Golf young guns poles apart off the course

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tutu
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-11-12

Golf young guns poles apart off the course Empty
PostSubject: Golf young guns poles apart off the course   Golf young guns poles apart off the course EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 pm

American Rickie Fowler and Australian Jason Day are among the hottest young golfing talents in the world.
But as they flexed their multi-million-dollar swings for their looming PGA Championship shootout against a world-class field at Coolum starting on Thursday, it became obvious just how different they are off the course.
Californian-born Fowler, who turns 23 next month, is a self-confessed “goofball” who loves riding dirt bikes and social networking.
His Twitter followers number close to 250,000.
His Village People-style video clip “Oh Oh Oh”, recorded by his boy band Golf Boys this year, pulled almost three million YouTube hits and raised thousands of dollars for charity.
An advertisement he made for Puma last year, in which he used a motorcycle in a bunker to hit a golf shot onto the green, was another huge YouTube success.
“It’s a kind of way for us to just show the fans and people who we are,” said the colourful American, who arrived at the tournament with 10 hats to go with his bright outfits.
“Before social media, internet and people being able to see what goes on in our day-to-day life, they would see all the golfers on the coverage and what we did inside the ropes and thought that’s who we were.
“Now with social media and putting music videos together and putting them on YouTube, people get to see that we have some fun personalities.
“I guess we are different. We are goofy that’s for sure.”
Day, wholesale golf clubs who turned 24 earlier this month, grew up in the Queensland country town of Beaudesert inspired by the feats of Tiger Woods.
But he doesn’t have Facebook or Twitter accounts and can take days to answer texts to his mobile phone.
“I feel like I’m old school. I don’t have Facebook and I don’t have Twitter or MySpace or whatever it’s called,” said Day.
“It’s hard to get me on a phone. I have nine contacts in my phone and I don’t get back to anyone.
“I don’t think, when I am sitting on the toilet, people expect me to Twitter that to them.”
Day isn’t anti-social – he just likes his privacy.
“I just keep to myself. I don’t have many friends and I kind of like it like that,” he said.
“I live in the country up in Ohio and it’s nice and quiet and nobody bothers me.
“I sit in the backyard on the hammock looking over the lake which is nice.
“I do get back to people in two or three days.”

More cheap golf equipment:
Cleveland CG16 Wedge
Mizuno MP-68 Irons
Mizuno MP-63 Irons
Mizuno MP-53 Irons
Back to top Go down

Golf young guns poles apart off the course
Page 1 of 1