Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Girl: Tell me. Who do you love most in this world?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Matthewop
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Girl: Tell me. Who do you love most in this world?    Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:47 pm

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father Ďs protection ---Sigmund Freud
Father, like a tree, tall, underfoot, forceful. For I hold up blue sky, a world either. Whatever the passage of time, same as usual stand-up tree.
The origins of the celebration are American and it was inspired by the actions of a man named William Smart. He was a veteran of the US Civil War and his wife died giving birth to their sixth child. He raised six children alone without remarrying, which was undoubtedly unusual back in those days.
His daughter, Sonora Dodd, realized when she was an adult what her father had sacrificed for his children. It was in the early 1900s and she was actually at church one day, listening to a sermon on Motherís Day, she thought there should also be a Fatherís Day celebration.
And so the tradition was born, on the third Sunday every June, close to the anniversary of Sonoraís father death. Britain took the idea of Fatherís Day from the American celebration and it has been celebrated officially since the 1970s.
Most people would buy their father a card on Fatherís Day. the card would probably have a nice message in it saying what a great Dad their father is. Some people do buy presents such as a messenger bags for men as well.
Some families might do things together to celebrate Fatherís Day like going for a meal. As a special treat, British people might give their Dad a bit special treat, British people might give their Dad a bit of a rest Ė make him a cup of tea, or even wash his car.
If you want to buy a bag for father, you can surf the buybuybag.com, you will get a discount for Fatherís Day. We are waiting for you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Girl: Tell me. Who do you love most in this world?
Page 1 of 1