Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera Empty
PostSubject: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 4:14 am

I keep hearing my mouse babies squeaking ... they are so cute.

I went to PetCetera today and asked if they would take my litter of 8 babies. They said no, as they only take them from "professional breeders". Oh well!

I am still looking for homes for them .. *sigh* Neutral

But I did end up buying a Small Animal Indoor Playpen for my mice while I was there, as well as a Rainbow Runabout Ball specifically made mini-size for Mice! I was so happy to find that.

Ohh and I got some treats for them too .. Living World Mouse Drops in Cheese and Honey flavours. I will try one out tonight for them at feeding time! Razz
Back to top Go down
Mouse Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:03 pm

my girls never take my treats! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://canadianpetmouse.forumakers.com
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 2:38 am

Aww, sorry to hear that!

Gerty nibbled at the treats in my hand last night but she did not finish eating them. I think they may be too rich for her.

I didn't try giving one to Emmy yet because she is scared of my hands. pale
Back to top Go down
Pharfly
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Too bad, my mice love the yogart drops, they don't get them often tho, they are full of sugar. Here's some treats my gang enjoy, Cheerios are the fav here, then comes the meal worms(they go crazy for them!!), milk bones are great(really good sorce of protien. and calcium for nursing Mousey mommies), Millet is a hit but very fatty, Flax seeds, apple peels(I have 4 kids who will not eat peels), and chicken

How is the mini ball working for you? I have one but find it's too small for my mice. They really do not like going into the ball.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:35 am

So far Gerty does not like the ball and I wouldn't dare dream of trying to get Emmy in there although I am sure she would love it - she just doesn't like me to pick her up.

Gerty went in the ball and all she did while in there was try to get out - she walked a little bit but mostly I think she felt trapped. I will try it again in a day or so.
Back to top Go down
Serenity
Special Guest

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:19 am

Petcetera has a specific supplier they get all their mice from. (I used to work there. Never again; I didn't approve of how they handled situations with sick animals. The mice aren't usually sick, but we did have one female with mites that suffered for weeks before anyone did anything about it, which ended up being to have her put down because head office didn't want to pay for the medication.) Rolling Eyes

Anyway. Smile I'd take a couple if I lived closer; I'm thinking about getting some girls to be friends for Larka now that I think she's old enough (got her as a wee baby when I still worked at Petcetera; the poor mom died of what I think was exhaustion). I'm afraid she's lonely.
Back to top Go down
http://serenemoment.freehostia.com/
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptySat Apr 05, 2008 4:24 am

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Serenity.

Thanks for joining Smile
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Administrator
Administrator
Miriam

Female
Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyMon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 am

Smile We have 4 running balls for our mice. they love 'em! Some more than others obviously. If your ball is a coloured the mouse might feel trapped if the colour is too thick. So far our boys don't have an issue but with our new babies one boy was fine learning on an orange ball while the other had to learn in a clear one. Go figure Razz They also have preferences between running on carpet and linoleum. Guess you'll just have to experiment.

For your mouse who doesn't like being picked up, try leaving the ball open and waiting for her to climb in from the cage.

Hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://web.mac.com/travelswithmj/ourmice/Photos.html
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks Miriam =)

I tried the ball again only with one of the babies (they are a month old now btw) and the babies didn't like it either ... just scratched at it.

My ball is yellow but fairly clear ... maybe not enough so for the little guys. Hmm. I'll have to try and find a clear, small mousie ball to try!
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Administrator
Administrator
Miriam

Female
Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:02 am

I also found with our new babies i had to wait a bit till they were bigger. Zeta is a bit runty and isn't quite comfortable with the ball yet. I left DiGamma in there for about an hour... took him a little while to figure it out but i think he got a good 20min run out of it, and now he knows what he's doing. oddly enough i didn't have that problem with my first group of mice, maybe it's a breeding thing? gee i hope not...
Back to top Go down
http://web.mac.com/travelswithmj/ourmice/Photos.html
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 7:46 am

My babes are 5 months old now, and the girls don't use the ball but all the boys do and they love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera   Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera Empty

Back to top Go down

Squeaky Mouse Babies and PetCetera
Page 1 of 1