Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supernatural

Go down 
AuthorMessage
twohours
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-15

Supernatural  Empty
PostSubject: Supernatural    Supernatural  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Legendary film critic and co-host of "Siskel & Ebert" Roger Ebert talks to "The Insider"'s Chris Jacobs about the day he nearly gave up on his battle against thyroid and salivary cancer.

"Chaz [Ebert, Roger's wife of 17 years] tells me there were a few days like that but I must've been very sick and don't remember them," the film critic tells Chris.
"I do remember a few days in the hospital when, Criminal Minds on dvd, particularly in the beginning before they figured out how to stop his incidents of bleeding,he was very sick," Chaz says.
Since Roger never smoked, Criminal Minds boxset, NCIS complete series, Rescue Me dvd, he says he is not sure what caused his cancer, but he does remember having radiation treatments as a child for an ear infection.
When Chris asks, NCIS complete series, "Do you ever think to yourself, 'Why me?'" Roger responds, The Big Bang Theory 1-3, "Why not me?"
Roger's upbeat outlook is to be admired considering he lost his entire lower jaw, Heroes complete box set, thereby eliminating his ability to eat and silencing his famous voice.
Of course, Las Vegas dvd set, the voice of his long-time co-host Gene Siskel had already been silenced. Gene died on February 20, 1999 from complications from surgery for a cancerous brain tumor.
Roger says he thinks about him every single day. "We loved each other and fought all the time like brothers," he recalls.
And Chaz adds, Dawson's Creek dvd set, Six Feet Under dvd, "You could tell that there was that real camaraderie. And even though you were butting heads over your opinions you still really loved each other."
Roger goes on to tell Chris that when he dreams, the majority of time, Cold Case dvd series, he is his old self. And that may translate into real life, Las Vegas on dvd, because a new computer program is being designed that will utilize his previous television appearances to recapture the sound of his voice.
"It would be similar to what we're doing now but it'll actually be using your own pre-recorded words," Chaz explains.
What Roger is doing now is typing his answers, which then produces a sound. The new program will be his actual voice. It is the first time that a voice has been created for a specific individual.
One thing that is making Roger and Chaz happy these days is their many projects, Dawson's Creek boxset, including Ebertfest -- Roger's Film Festival at the University of Illinois -- and the rumored return of his hit movie review show, "At the Movies."
Roger also reveals to Chris his little known romantic relationship with Oprah Winfrey. "I have no secrets at all involving Oprah, Beverly Hills 90210 complete seasons," says Roger, The Big Bang Theory series 1-3, who indicates he has no interest in reading the Kitty Kelley book about the talk-show queen. "We went out for dates once or twice. We have always been good friends. I met her when Gene and I were on her show in Baltimore. I worked on the same Chicago station. … We were never an item. We went to dinner at Hamburger Hamlet. No big deal."
For more of Chris' interview with Roger, tune in to tonight's "The Insider."

Grey's Anatomy dvd set
Criminal Minds collection
NCIS box set
Gossip Girl dvd series
The office collection
Heroes dvd box set
Cold Case complete seasons
Lost dvds
The Wire dvd set
Supernatural on dvd
Smallville collection