Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Underbelly complete series

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yourbody
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-12-13

Underbelly complete series Empty
PostSubject: Underbelly complete series   Underbelly complete series EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:33 pm

NCIS dvd, Merlin complete series, 'At the Movies'. Memories." Scott responded via Twitter: "Such an honor to sit in your chair, even if only for a little while."Mike O'Malley, Sons Of Anarchy box set, Glee

Send questions to askmatt@tvguidemagazine.com and follow me on TwitterQuestion: Mike O'Malley's Emmy nod as guest actor in a comedy for Glee is great, but what do you think about mostly dramatic parts being nominated in the comedy categories? — James (from Twitter)Matt Roush: It's a good question. Some of the best work in the comedy categories is at least as dramatic as comedic. Mike O'Malley's poignant work as Kurt's father is a great performance but is more likely to elicit tears than laughs. He could be eclipsed by the more conventionally funny work being done by his fellow nominees (most notably Neil Patrick Harris from the same show, or Modern Family's Fred Willard, Jon Hamm's comic turn on 30 Rock, Star Trek The Next Generation 1-7, and so on). At the same time, Spooks dvd set, Damages seasons 1-3 dvd box set, the meatiness of the dramatic scenes in these comedy-drama hybrids (a list that includes Nurse Jackie, United States of Tara and even Monk) may give actors like O'Malley and especially Edie Falco an advantage at awards time. I'm certainly not opposed to honoring the dramatic highlights from comedy series, Star Trek Enterprise dvd series, Star Trek Voyager box set, Spooks box set 1-9, but it's true the line is very blurred in some of these categories.Want more Matt Roush? Subscribe to TV Guide Magazine now!Question: What's your take on the recent news that Javier Bardem is guesting on Glee next season? I love him as an actor and it will be interesting to see what he does on the show, but it seems to me that Glee is announcing guest after guest when it should be focusing more on its already large regular cast. It was already really uneven from week to week in its first 13 episodes but usually came out on top by making us care about these characters, although the back nine were even more scattershot. Comparatively, Modern Family has not been making as much noise about its plans for season 2 yet, but seems to me to deliver a more consistant show (and when they do feature guest stars, have usually used them in a way that is more organic to the story than Josh Groban and Olivia Newton-John popping up in midwestern Ohio). I hope Glee doesn't get too full of itself for its own good (see Heroes, Underbelly boxset, which also had a breakout freshman season and then, Curb Your Enthusiasm seasons 1-7 dvd, well, we all know what happened there). — JakeMatt Roush: Does a day go by when someone isn't floating some rumor or other regarding who's going to pop up on Glee next season? I agree it's a bit tiring and even exasperating, Deadwood complete box set, but that's the nature of the business, and I hope many of the rumors come to naught so Glee can focus on its strengths: its core characters and its music. So while I do empathize with your concerns, I also appreciate the fact that Glee is a big, Medium collection, bold, messy musical comedy, and built into its DNA is the need to keep trying to top itself with show-stoppers and stunts, which by its nature will include attracting big-name guest stars. The Javier Bardem stunt, Scrubs complete series, True Blood boxset, Star Trek The Next Generation collection, Dexter seasons 1-5, should it come to pass, will be a one-off that has much to do with Ryan Murphy's professional relationship with Bardem (who he directed in the upcoming Eat Pray Love). Personally, I had hoped to see Bardem in the film version of Nine before he backed out—not sure anything would have saved that film, True Blood box set 1-3, but still—so am eager to see what he does on Glee. He's not exactly a household name to many of the Glee core audience, so this seems to me the opposite of selling out. I also hope his appearance is more organic than those grotesque Olivia Newton-John cameos. And I'm not buying your comparison to Heroes, which from the start bit off more than it could comfortably digest, Desperate Housewives seasons 1-6, MacGyver complete seasons, and that became evident fairly quickly. Glee has no such identity crisis. As I've said before, Medium box set, Dexter box set 1-5, judging it for its hype is something I'll leave to the cynics.Question: In last week's Ask Matt column, you made reference to the "creative risk" Glee represented. What creative risk exactly? Glee is nothing more than an older version of High School Musical put on weekly. It might have slightly more grown-up storylines but nothing more. I especially don't get all the Emmy nods except that jumping on the Glee bandwagon seems to me not
Back to top Go down

Underbelly complete series
Page 1 of 1