Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee Westood Frustrated By Talk About Lack Of Titles

Go down 
AuthorMessage
huwoniu
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Lee Westood Frustrated By Talk About Lack Of Titles Empty
PostSubject: Lee Westood Frustrated By Talk About Lack Of Titles   Lee Westood Frustrated By Talk About Lack Of Titles EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:28 pm

The 38-year-old Englishman returned to the top of the world rankings on Sunday after winning the Indonesian Masters, but he has yet to win one of the big four. And Westwood, speaking ahead of the Ballantines Championship, which starts in Seoul, South Korea tomorrow, declared becoming world No.1 and winning a major were separate issues and his focus was only on golf clubs for sale continuing to win tournaments by Ping G15 Irons.‘The amount of times I have to answer it gets on my nerves,' he said.‘This might be the very last time I could be answering this question. It could be "no comment" after this.‘The world rankings and major championships are two completely separate things.‘I haven't won a major yet but hope to do so soon.

I've had a lot of good chances to win majors but it just has't happened.‘But the world rankings are Mizuno MP-69 Irons all about consistency and playing well week-in and week-out, which I tend to do.‘The secret to being world No.1 is having the consistency, and all parts of your game have to be good to do that.'Westwood, who previously topped the rankings for 17 weeks after deposing Tiger Woods in November, acknowledged the pressure was greater having reached the summit.‘Obviously with being No.1 there is a lot more responsibility with TaylorMade R9 SuperTri,' he said.‘You have a lot more things to do – media commitments and things like that.‘People want a lot more of your time, it becomes a bit difficult to cram everything in and leave time for Titleist CB 712 Irons practising golf and doing what got to you where you are. That's the toughest part of it.'

World number one Lee Westwood is growing increasingly weary with being asked about his failure to win a first major title and told reporters in Seoul on Tuesday the question was getting on his nerves. The Briton, speaking to reporters in Seoul ahead of the $2.8 million Ballantines Championship, said becoming world number one and winning a major were separate issues and that his only focus was to keep playing good golf."The amount of times I have to answer it gets Ping G20 fairway wood on my nerves," Westwood said. "This might be the very last time I could be answering this question. It could be no comment after this. "The world rankings and major championships are two completely separate things," added Westwood, who celebrated his 38th birthday by winning the Indonesian Masters in Jakarta at the weekend.

That victory, combined with fellow Englishman Luke Donald's failure to win The Heritage, moved him back above Germany's Martin Kaymer into top spot. Lee Westwood Is The New Top Player In Golf. "I haven't won TaylorMade R11 Driver a major yet but hope to do so soon. I've had a lot of good chances to win majors but it just hasn't happened. "But the world rankings are all about consistency and playing well week-in and week-out, which I tend to do. The secret to being world number one is having the consistency, and all parts of your game have to be good to do that."
Back to top Go down

Lee Westood Frustrated By Talk About Lack Of Titles
Page 1 of 1