Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brad Faxon takes Champions Tour lead

Go down 
AuthorMessage
maomao12
Little Mousie
Little Mousie

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Brad Faxon takes Champions Tour lead Empty
PostSubject: Brad Faxon takes Champions Tour lead   Brad Faxon takes Champions Tour lead EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:18 pm

THE WOODLANDS, Texas (AP) — Brad Faxon moved into position for his first Champions best golf clubsTour title, shooting a 7-under 65 in windy conditions Saturday to take a one-stroke lead in the Insperity Championship.
Faxon, an eight-Titleist 910F fairway woodtime winner on the PGA Tour who turned 50 on Aug. 1, had a bogey-free round to reach 10-under 134 at The Woodlands Country Club. Tommy Armour III, celebrating his 52nd birthday, Titleist 910H hybridwas second after a 67. He also is winless on the 50-and-over tour.
Eduardo Romero (68) was two strokes back. Jay Haas (68), Olin Browne (68) and Schwab Cup points leader Tom Lehman (70) were 7 under, and defending champion Fred Couples was 4 under after a 72.
Faxon felt good after his third birdie to start the round.
"All of a sudden after hitting a 20-footer, obviously that's a good start," Faxon said. "I just tried to stay patient and I thought I did a nice job today, picking out a target and making a quality shot."
Faxon didn't get the lead until No. 17. He hit a 7-iron to 6 feet to set up at birdie.
"That was a big swing there, Eduardo had the lead," Faxon said. "I couldn't have asked for a better place to putt."
John Cook, a three-time winner this year, started the day three shots behind first day leader Michael Allen. Cook moved to 10 under for the tournament with a birdie on No. 7, but followed that with a double bogey on the next hole. He also double bogeyed No. 17 and finished at 4 under after a 74.
Allen had a triple bogey on the 158-yard third hole that is bordered by water on the approach. Allen had two other bogeys and a double bogey for a second-round 79.
Allen was the first day leader with a 9-under 63, one shot off the tournament record.
Couples eagled theTitleist AP2 710 Irons par-5 first hole for the second straight day.
Faxon reached 9 under with his birdie on No. 14.
"That was probably my best shot of the day, a 4-iron 185 yards into the wind," he said.
Faxon had an opening 69 and felt good beginning the second round.
"I just thought I played a pretty nice round yesterday, maybe a few bogeys," Faxon said. "Three under par was a pretty good score. I just did a good job of staying calm, in the moment, trying to enjoy myself. Titleist 909 F3 Fairway WoodI haven't done that in a while.
"I can go out and shoot 90 tomorrow and my head but I think my head is in the right place that I can accept stuff a lot better than I have. I'm in such a better place than I have been."
Back to top Go down

Brad Faxon takes Champions Tour lead
Page 1 of 1