Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Billy Gibbons is tops on 'Bones' and 'Two and a Half Men'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ellachan91
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Billy Gibbons is tops on 'Bones' and 'Two and a Half Men' Empty
PostSubject: Billy Gibbons is tops on 'Bones' and 'Two and a Half Men'   Billy Gibbons is tops on 'Bones' and 'Two and a Half Men' EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:09 pm

As an actor, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top rocks.

So says Hart Hanson, executive producer of the Fox crime drama Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset, and he should know: Hanson created a role for the iconic rocker to play four years ago, and he keeps bringing him back.

Gibbons returns in the season Bones DVD at 7 p.m. Thursday as the father of Angela, a member of the Bones DVD Set's quirky crime-solving team. Angela, played by Michaela Conlin, is an artist and a free Bones DVD boxset. It made sense back in Season 1, Hanson says, to give her a freewheeling rock-star dad.

"Billy is a good actor," the producer says. "When the Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset is not going, he looks at Michaela, who is an incredibly beautiful woman, the way that a rock star would look at an incredibly beautiful woman. But then we yell 'Bones DVD,' and he has to be fatherly."

He pulls it off every time.

"He's a better actor than people give him credit for," Hanson says. "I selfishly used the fact that I had a Bones DVD Set to meet one of my idols. And he turned out to be a really interesting actor."

Nice compliment, Gibbons says, but his work on the Bones DVD boxset isn't exactly rocket science. After all, he's basically playing a barely fictionalized version of himself.

"When first proposed, I thought they had Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset in mind and had dialed wrong," Gibbons says. "However, when the Bones DVD was described as kind of enigmatic, we knew it might be a good fit, and so it is."

The famously bearded guitarist and lead singer of ZZ Top also appears alongside band Bones DVD Set Dusty Hill and Frank Beard tonight in a fantasy sequence of Two and a Half Men.

"That was quite a stretch," Gibbons says, tongue in Bones DVD boxset. "We played a three-piece rock band called ZZ Top. If that's acting, I guess we're full-time actors when we're on tour. We played a similar role in Back to the Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset.

"And it's a little-known fact that we played Three Men in a Bones DVD on Shelley Duvall's Faerie Tale Theatre. We asked ourselves, 'What's our motivation?' The answer was, of course, 'Don't fall out of this crazy Bones DVD Set!' "

Hanson says Gibbons was an obvious casting choice.

"When you start going through the list of instantly recognizable Bones DVD boxset – someone you don't need someone else to point out, 'Hey, my gosh, it's the lead singer of Journey' – it's a very, very small group of people," Hanson says. "I made a list of about Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset, and he was on that short list.

"Now, not everybody knows Billy Gibbons' name, but they know Bones DVD as ZZ Top. That beard!"

Conlin remembers her surprise when reading the script for the Christmas 2005 Bones DVD Set, which revealed that Angela had a famous dad.

"It kind of came from out of nowhere," she says. "But knowing Angela, it also made perfect sense. My Bones DVD boxset is a big ZZ Top fan. So that was really cool to be able to call him and say, 'Hey, Billy Gibbons is playing my dad on the Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset. So in a way, he's playing you.' "

Says Gibbons of his Bones DVD: "She's great. I mean, a real knockout. Certainly an accomplished actor in no uncertain Bones DVD Set and the sweetest gal you'd ever want to know in real life. My paternal Bones DVD boxset come out whenever I'm around her, both in and out of character."

Perhaps that's why, suggests co-star Emily Deschanel, some Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset have gotten the mistaken impression that Conlin is Gibbons' real-life daughter.

"He doesn't correct them," Deschanel says, "because he thinks it's so funny."

Gibbons says he just accepts it as a Bones DVD.

"Bones DVD Set is so pervasive, it's perceived to be real even when it's clearly fiction or fantasy," he says. "At our Bones DVD boxset [on tour], it's interesting to see that some of the fans, even in the seats way down in the front, check out the giant Bones season 1-4 DVD boxset, as if verifying what they're witnessing onstage is actually real."
Bones DVD Set
Bones DVD boxset
2.boston legal
Boston Legal Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset
Boston Legal DVD
Boston Legal DVD set
Boston Legal DVD boxset
3.criminal minds
Criminal Minds season 1-4 DVD boxset
Criminal Minds DVD set
Criminal Minds DVD
Criminal Minds DVD boxset