Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ask Matt: True Blood Boiling Over? And More!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ellachan91
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Ask Matt: True Blood Boiling Over? And More! Empty
PostSubject: Ask Matt: True Blood Boiling Over? And More!   Ask Matt: True Blood Boiling Over? And More! EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Question: Welcome back! This question is a two-parter. I'm in love with As Time Goes By DVD boxset. It's so often described as lurid, melodramatic, overripe, etc. But the glory of the show is that it's all of those things while also containing Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset of startling humor or tenderness, where we actually find ourselves caring about the Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset, be they supernatural or just plain natural. That tension is what makes the show special, but I fear for it for that very reason. Oh, I don't fear its Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset (it's too much of a phenom for that). I fear that it may follow the grim path of shows like Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset or the U.S. version of Queer as Folk: going so over-the-top it loses sight of its characters, becoming so overheated that it melts. I can think of no series in As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset memory that has this much potential for such a downfall (other than Glee). Do you share this fear?

Second question: What do you think of Evan Rachel Wood as the Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset? Opinion is deeply divided. I think she's a hoot-and-a-half, a scene-stealer on a show where scenes are not easily Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset. Others think she's stiff and overly mannered. Where do you land? — Ryan

Matt Roush: I try not to spend a lot of time worrying about how and when a Alias DVD I'm enjoying will fall apart. Likening True Blood to Glee makes some sense, because both are Arrested Development DVD uneven and yet exhilarating precisely because of their unabashed excesses. True Blood at least has the foundation of Charlaine As Time Goes By DVD enjoyable novels to fall back on (although Alan Ball has put some masterful new twists and kinks and characters into the mix), so I'm thinking it will be a Battlestar Galactica DVD before it completely goes off the rails. (And I'm not alone in hoping that Ball will devote part of one of the next seasons to the best book in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD: Dead to the World, with its incredibly strong Sookie-Eric storyline.) Many fans and critics have been fretting about Glee's Alias DVD set for self-destruction almost from the beginning, because we all saw what happened to Nip/Tuck. The difference being that for all of Arrested Development DVD set snark and edge, it's essentially a hopeful show, a comedy with serious heart as well as major pipes, whereas Nip/Tuck became more As Time Goes By DVD set, cynical and heavy-handed in its shock value as the seasons wore on. Hoping for the best where both shows are Battlestar Galactica DVD set, and still enjoying them a great deal.

Concerning Evan Rachel Wood as Queen Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set: It is an odd performance to be sure, very campy and unquestionably mannered. But it's a strange character as well, a powerful vampire cloaked in a coquette's Alias DVD boxset, still indulging her girlish qualities until those moments when the eternal beast kicks in. My main problem is that when we spend time in her Arrested Development DVD boxset, playing Yahtzee or whatever, I'm always itching to get back to the main action in Bon Temps. As the stories expand their focus to As Time Goes By DVD boxset and beyond, I figure that's going to continue to be an issue.

Question: As a longtime fan of intelligent and complex sci-fi on Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset, I have been disheartened to see so little interest by producers or writers in the genre. With the success of the whole Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset group, Farscape, and, lately, Battlestar Galactica, I would think that the mainstream networks (plus show developers) would be Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset to put together something that stimulates as well as entertains. Of the current series available on TV, Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset is pretty good to better than good, Sanctuary is way too uneven, Stargate Universe is bleak & boring, and V is cartoon As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset. That's a pretty thin menu.

Do you see any indicators that someone/anyone is working on more Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset for those with brains and imaginations? Finally, I hope and pray that Joss Whedon cranks up his creative Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset real soon. I miss his quality of work. — Jan

Matt Roush: Sci-fi traditionally is a tough sell for the Alias DVD networks, especially of the darker and meatier variety. Launching shows in this genre is an expensive and risky Arrested Development DVD, and as you'll see when you sample most of this fall's new output, risk isn't what the networks are particularly interested in right now. (NBC's The Event does have an As Time Goes By DVD of the fantastic in its premise, so we'll see how that goes. It can't be Battlestar Galactica DVD than the last few seasons of Heroes.)

Otherwise, a partial list of sci-fi/fantasy Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD in active development that have caught my interest includes: AMC tackling horror in a zombie series, The Walking Dead; BBC America's current Alias DVD set with Doctor Who and a second season of Being Human coming later this summer (which is being developed into a U.S. format by Arrested Development DVD set, and I'll reserve judgment on that until later), plus a new season of Primeval for next year as well as a bona fide sci-fi As Time Goes By DVD set, Outcasts, set on a remote planet; Torchwood's much anticipated new season, courtesy of Starz; HBO's epic fantasy series A Game of Battlestar Galactica DVD set, also for next year. And with the exception of the morose Caprica (which is beginning to pique my interest), while Syfy has gone rather light as it aims for mass Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set in many of its sci-fi/fantasy series (Eureka, Warehouse 13, etc.), I'm intrigued by at least one title on their slate: Alias DVD boxset, whose pilot will be directed by Lost's Jack Bender. Will any of these be as rich as Arrested Development DVD boxset or as full of potential as Firefly or as peculiar and dangerous as As Time Goes By DVD boxset? We'll see. But yes, let's hope it doesn't take too long to get Joss Whedon back doing Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset, whether it's network or cable — or the Internet, for that matter.

Question: I've got a question about one of my favorite guilty Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset, Human Target. I always thought that the show was an enjoyable action piece, and with Jackie Earle Haley and Chi Alias Seasons 1-5 DVD boxset along for the ride, you just had a feeling these guys were seriously having a good time. Here's my question: While it was picked up, Human Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset was moved to Fridays (typically a dead zone for TV, as far as I'm concerned). Will this move help the show, or hurtle it toward premature As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset (see: Firefly, Dollhouse and just about anything Fox put on Fridays as of late)? — Steve

Matt Roush: Seeing the move to Fridays as a positive Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset would be disingenuous, but it is a lifeline of sorts for a show that could have fallen through the cracks altogether, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset as it isn't produced by the Fox studio (already making it an underdog). The upside anytime Fox moves a show to Friday is that Alias DVD couldn't be lower, so if Human Target does any Arrested Development DVD whatsoever it would be a pleasant surprise. And should As Time Goes By DVD fall apart on one of the weeknight lineups, a Battlestar Galactica DVD like this would make a great utility back-up player. I agree with you that this Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD is lots of fun, and the spark provided by the supporting players is infectious. I'm hoping it finds its niche, but it will almost Alias DVD set be an uphill climb.

Question: I can't stop talking about the Breaking Bad Arrested Development DVD set. It has to be one of the top television moments of the year for me at least. I read your response last week to Katelyn's As Time Goes By DVD set, and I agree with you that Breaking Bad has surpassed the work of such filmmakers as the Coen Brothers, who I find are caricatures of themselves at this Battlestar Galactica DVD set. While Breaking Bad is very cinematic in its look and presentation, I would say that it is in a class of its own that other Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set and even some filmmakers have yet to accomplish. It's more like watching the work of Orson Welles on television for me than the Coen Alias DVD boxset because it is that innovative. Two scenes stand out for me for outstanding camera work and Arrested Development DVD boxset. The first is when Mike shoots the guy he can't even see through the wall going by the As Time Goes By DVD boxset of the other, the second is when Jesse is pointing the gun at Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset (who by the way was reading "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King") and in the final shot, the camera gives the illusion that Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset is moving the gun, so for a second you think he may not have shot Gale. Yet when I re-watched the scene I could clearly see that it was the camera work, not Jesse.
Alias DVD set
Alias DVD boxset
2.Arrested Development
Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 DVD boxset
Arrested Development DVD
Arrested Development DVD set
Arrested Development DVD boxset
3.As Time Goes By
As Time Goes By Seasons 1-9 DVD boxset
As Time Goes By DVD
As Time Goes By DVD set
As Time Goes By DVD boxset
4.Battlestar Galactica
Battlestar Galactica Seasons 1-4 DVD boxset
Battlestar Galactica DVD
Battlestar Galactica DVD set
Battlestar Galactica DVD boxset
5.Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Seasons 1-7 DVD boxset
Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD
Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD set
Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVD boxset
Back to top Go down

Ask Matt: True Blood Boiling Over? And More!
Page 1 of 1