Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kelly gets his drivers license back

Go down 
AuthorMessage
babyfish520
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2010-08-08

Kelly gets his drivers license back Empty
PostSubject: Kelly gets his drivers license back   Kelly gets his drivers license back EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:04 pm

Moments after he pleaded guilty to drunkenly mowing down a Brooklyn preacher's daughter, a disgraced city cop approached the woman's dad and, tears in his eyes, extended his hand.
The Rev. Varius Valnord looked up at Andrew Kelly and waited a beat - and then shook his hand.
"He apologized to me and I accepted his apology," Valnord said afterward.
With that handshake, a chapter closed on a tragedy that began last September when Kelly struck and killed 32-year-old Vionique Valnord as she was hailing a cab. click here for cheap dvds
Kelly, also 32 and a father of two from Queens, has already resigned from the NYPD and faces 90 days in jail and five years probation when he is sentenced Sept. 27. But at least he has the Valnord's family's forgiveness.
"It was more generous than I could have imagined," he told his lawyer, Arthur Aidala.
Dressed in a black suit, Kelly stood through the 20 minute hearing in Brooklyn Supreme Court and admitted he had been drinking beer before the deadly crash.
Asked if it was his intention to plead guilty to vehicular manslaughter, Kelly answered, "Yes it is, your honor." click here for cheap dvds
Kelly faced up to seven years in prison. Under a plea deal worked out with prosecutors and Valnord's kin, he agreed to undergo alcoholism treatment and will be barred from driving for a year.
When Kelly gets his drivers license back, he will be required to install an "ignition interlock device" to furthur prevent him from driving drunk.
Valnord's dad said he was "satisfied with the guilty plea."
"He accepted responsibility and he will no longer be a police officer," said the pastor of the Haitian Church of God in Brooklyn.

Treme DVD Box set
The Drinky Crow Show DVD Box set
How I Met Your Mother DVD Box set
Make It or Break It DVD
Daniel Deronda DVD
The Take DVD Box set
30 Rock DVD Box set
Sons of Anarchy dvd box set
Stargate Universe DVD
CSI Las Vegas DVD Box set
Walt Disney Classic DVD
Breaking Bad DVD Box set