Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From Rome to Caprica with Actor James Marsters

Go down 
AuthorMessage
siyu2010
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-03-02

From Rome to Caprica with Actor James Marsters Empty
PostSubject: From Rome to Caprica with Actor James Marsters   From Rome to Caprica with Actor James Marsters EmptyWed May 05, 2010 4:17 pm

Although many TV fansThe Simpsons dvd out there still love James Marsters from his role as Spike on the popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer series, Marsters has matured as an actor as a new crop of TV vampires expand on The Simpsons dvd collectionthe legacy James Marsters left behind. This week on March 5 in the episode "Know Thy Enemy",The Simpsons dvd series James Marsters joins the Syfy cast of Caprica in the role of Barnabas Greeley,The Simpsons dvd seasons a villainous member of the one God STO movement.

Ahead of "Know Thy Enemy"The Simpsons box set and the Caprica debut of James Marsters, we scored a few minutes married with children dvdwith Marsters on a conference call to learn more about where James Marsters thinks humanity is headed, why Barnabas appears to be a pain freak, and how he views his new Caprica married with children dvdscharacter.

THE DEADBOLT: You recently mentioned thatmarried with children dvd collection Caprica scares you because it's a look at where humanity is headed. Can you expand onmarried with children dvd seasons what you meant by that?

JAMES MARSTERS: Well, we are much likemarried with children dvd box set Rome, you know? The cycles are going faster now because of technology. So Rome had an empire for thousands of years where ours seems to have lasted about fifty. And I don't know if our culture has gone through [the phases]. They say civilizations go through barbarism, then civilization, then decadence. I don't know where the civilization part happened [laughs]. Maybe it was the 'married with children box set60s, I don't know.

But it may be true. We are starting to become decadentmarried with children dvd series as a society and the cycle is repeated in all societies that dare to call themselves empires. I think the thing that Caprica, you can call it Caprica, you don't have to call it America, youlas vegas dvd series don't have to call it las vegas dvdthe world. You can even be an audience member and say, "Their world is about to end and they don't know it and I'm going to watch," because we've seen Battlestar Galactica and we know what's going tolas vegas dvd collection happen, they don't.

There's something amazingly dramatic in that.las vegas dvd seasons But also, it kind of reflects where we are. It gets pretty depressing if you really go there. But if you talk to las vegas dvd setclimatologists, if you talk to the people who are providing energy for the world, if you talk to the world food production, if you talk to people who are experts on water, the fresh water supply, it just gets depressing. las vegas box setTroy, you've got to watch it when las vegas seasonsyou watch the Discovery Channel,las vegas dvds it can just trip you Lost dvdsout.

So yeah, the people who do fantasy and sci-fi, weLost collection can address these issues fairly directly because we just change the name. So we give you some spaceships, laser gunsLost dvd, and robots and stuff, and Lost dvd seasonswe can all think about Lost box setthe stuff we don't want to think about but need to anyway.

THE DEADBOLT: What was the dealLost seasons with the barbed wire around the arm? Is Barnabas a pain freak?

MARSTERS: No, man. It's flagellation. It's got a long history inLost complete colletion the Christian church. I don't know, it may have histories in other religions as well, but I know it's from the middle ages.The Sopranos complete dvd The flagellence, thought to be the black death, the black plague was God'sThe Sopranos dvd punishment for human sin. So they were punishing themselves, going town to town beating themselves with whips that had these metal pieces in them. And they would spray their backs and their blood all over each town that they went trying to lift the plague by suffering. Besides the rats, they were more responsible for spreading the plague [laughs]. It's this idea that if the Bible says I should be like Christ and Christ suffered on the cross, then I should do that, The Sopranos dvdstoo.

THE DEADBOLT: How do you see Barnabas? Is he The Sopranos dvd seasonsa terrorist or just a criminal?

MARSTERS: No, he's a revolutionary. The Sopranos collectionHow I see him is how he sees himself. That's a complex question.The Sopranos dvd box set I mean, if I'm going to ask, I'll answer as an actor making the guy. You could say that George Washington was a terrorist and he was using different battle techniques. I mean, if you compare the English who were just coming at it in formation, standing people up in an open field and marching forward, and he [Washington] was just hiding in the bushes and shooting, that's a little bitThe Sopranos dvd seasons like the new tactics Bones DVD Seasonwe're facing in Bones DVD SeasonAfghanistan and Iraq. Bones DVDSo there is a difference.

A terrorist is trying to instill terror in a civilian populationBones DVD Box Set and they are definitely expanding the battlefield to the civilian population. But in my mind, Barnabas is trying to Bones DVD Collectionsave the world, trying to give the world a religion that will give guidance to people. He recognizes that some people, not all but some people, really do need Superman to tell them, "You will not pee in the pool. Bones dvd box setAnd if you do, I will kick you out." They need a God and they need the Ten Commandments. They need "thou shalt do this and do that" and you'll burn if you don't and you'll go to heaven if you do. They needed a Bones dvd seasonsdaddy figure. Without that, you really face what Rome faced, which is people giving in to sensual desire to the point where Buy Bones DVDthe whole society wrecks. And that one's true!

You know, the Rome society is the same religion Supernatural DVDthey have on Caprica, which is a multi-deity God mythology. In Rome, the roman mythology had nothing to do with what Supernatural DVD Collectionyou should do or what you should try to become. It was just trying to explain human psychology. The Supernatural DVD SeasonsGods behaved in very human ways and it was really explored why we are the way we are. But that doesn't give guidance. You can argue that that's exactly what you should do but Barnabas sees it Supernatural dvd box set differently, because he's going into these V-clubs and he's seeing best friends shoot each other down forSupernatural box set fun.

"In movies you never see how much punchingSupernatural dvds hurts the puncher.buy Supernatural DVD" - Brooke

"Why is this door closed and why are youThe L Word dvd lying on the floor?" - Victoria, to Brooke
"I'm trying to pick a place The L Word Collectionto hang myself." - Brooke, in The L Word dvdsresponse
Back to top Go down

From Rome to Caprica with Actor James Marsters
Page 1 of 1