Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super soft and forgiving Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges

Go down 
AuthorMessage
huwoniu
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2011-06-09

Super soft and forgiving Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges   Empty
PostSubject: Super soft and forgiving Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges    Super soft and forgiving Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges   EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Cleveland Golf has a long history of making great wedges. The almost iconic 588 wedges are still in play all over the world for pros and weekend hackers alike. Founded in 1979, Cleveland Golf was purchased in December of 2007 by SRI Sports, the parent company of Srixon Golf in Japan. Over the last few years the wedge market has become wholesale golf clubs very competitive, with the tour success of Titleist's Vokey wedges taking a slight edge in weekly wedge count on the PGA Tour. The founder of Cleveland Golf – Roger Cleveland, sold the company in 1990.
Later, he hooked up with Callaway Golf and now designs clubs for them. Even Taylor Made has gotten into the act, and several smaller companies also seek to steal some market share in the wedge world. Still a market leader, Cleveland Golf has Titleist AP1 712 Irons a new wedge offering for late 2010 CG15. Let's take a look at these beautiful wedges and see how they perform.The Laser Milled clubface uses the accuracy of a laser to mill four calibrated lines between each groove which conform exactly to the official rules on roughness limit. The new Laser Milled method perfected with the Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges provides a more precise and consistent surface roughness than any of the alternative methods on the markets. This enhanced roughness has allowed Cleveland to maximize the amount of spin achieved by each CG15 wedge.The CG15 wedge is using Taylormade R11 Rescue Hybrid something called the 3 Bounce Fitting System and what it means to the consumer is that more bounce varieties are available in each loft than ever before. Even more than that it makes it easy to make sure you are finding the right wedge for your game and the courses you play. The number of dots as well as the actual bounce is engraved on the sole of each wedge making them easy to identify as well. We are big fans of the dot system at THP because we believe it can simplify the process a little more for consumers to understand exactly what equipment can work for them. The CG15 is also being offered Callaway Diablo forged irons in a Dynamic Sole Grind as mentioned above, but for the purposes of this review, we will not be covering that product.

Golfers say, "I got a chance to try these out last week at a local store in CA. They feel super soft and buttery. The spin blows away my Vokeys. In person they are the nicest I have seen." "I have the CG15 in 50, 54, 58 and I just love them! I had vokeys, played OK with them, bought Mizuno's new wedges and immediately brought them back (too firm and unforgiving), but these CG15′s are fantastic! I could never make a ball run backwards, only hope for it to hit and skid to a stop, but with these I'm pulling them back like crazy! They will chew up balls pretty badly though, but that's Ping G20 Driver every wedge out there nowadays".I think Cleveland has a winner with the new CG15 wedges. They feel very solid and well balanced, and Cleveland offers more loft, bounce and finish options than any other manufacturer. The Zip Grooves with Laser Etched micro grooves generate plenty of spin, and they look great in the bag. My personal favorite is the Oil Quenched finish (seen at far left below), which has a gorgeous red tint that is unlike any other club out there. I wish the stock shaft was of better quality, and I also would love to see a comprehensive wedge fitting system available to help match players with all those loft and bounce combination for best performance.

Back to top Go down

Super soft and forgiving Cleveland CG15 Black Pearl wedges
Page 1 of 1