Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RE-introducing females AGAIN :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-19

RE-introducing females AGAIN :) Empty
PostSubject: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 10:53 am

Some of you know the back story of Emmy and Gerty but for those who don't here is the quick version:

I bought Emily and Gertrude in February (late) of 2008. I am estimating at the time of purchase, Emily and Gerty were already 1-2 months old.

Emily and Gerty lived together (I am not sure if they are related) from their time at the pet shop, and for about 3 1/2 weeks at my home until Gerty gave birth (she was preg when we got her), and they were seperated because I was worried that Emily would eat the babies ...

The babies are now nearly 3 months old, and Gerty lives with 2 of her daughters in a tank. Emily lives alone in a cage because she has shown to be an aggressive mouse. She bites at fingers, and when we tried re-introducing Emmy and Gerty about a month or two ago, Emily just bit at Gerty's bum and attacked her. I immediately removed Emily and put her back in her cage.

When they fought last time, they looked like they were "bear fighting".

I am trying to reintroduce just the two of them over a period of time ... so everyday they will spend a couple hours together in the bathtub and I will monitor them closely ... and see if she is ready to be introduced to Gert's daughters.

Do you think this is a good idea? Do you have any ideas for me now?

I tried bathtub playtime last night with Emmy and Gerty and it went well ... tonight might try with all girls.
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 3:26 am

Yes I think you will have better luck now that the babies are not babies anymore(they grow too fast!) I would clean then entire cage with vinegar too remove any scent then put a drop of vanilla on their rumps, they'll be too busy exploring the new home and the vanilla smell makes them all smell the same.
Back to top Go down
Miss Nikki
Administrator
Administrator
Miss Nikki

Female
Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Thanks for the advice Pharfly! It has gone well, and they are all now living together with the occasional squeak here and there!
Back to top Go down
Pharfly
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse
Pharfly

Female
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:29 am

Yay! Sounds wonderful! I hav a girl that the oters use too pick on so bad. Raven would attack poor Pickle, making her tail bleed. Now that Raven is 17months and Pickle is 15months they get along fine. I guess Raven finally mellowed out in her old age lol.
Back to top Go down
xoxobaby
Well Trained Mousie
Well Trained Mousie

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 11:12 am

A candle lights others and consumes itself.

---------------------------

Las Vegas seasons dvd

Criminal Minds dvd box set

The L Word seasons dvd
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE-introducing females AGAIN :)   RE-introducing females AGAIN :) Empty

Back to top Go down

RE-introducing females AGAIN :)
Page 1 of 1