Canadian Pet Mouse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Pet Mouse Forum

A great place to learn more and chat about your beloved pet mice! All mouse owners and enthusiasts are welcome!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How P90X Results after 30 Days??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anny3
Wild Field Mouse
Wild Field Mouse

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-05-06

How P90X Results after 30 Days?? Empty
PostSubject: How P90X Results after 30 Days??   How P90X Results after 30 Days?? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm

After 30 days of doing the P90X DVD boxset workout it’s time to write a review of P90X Extreme and the results I have achieved using this P90X Extreme Home Fitness system.

I started the program on February 3rd and at that time my weight was 185 and my body fat percentage of 25.7%. About six weeks prior to starting P90X DVD I had cleaned up my diet and made a consistent effort to eliminate refined sugars, high fat food, and other junk. In addition to the diet, I was back on the P90X DVD set regime of my own design that helped me drop 20 pounds when I was first married. It was resistance work one day, cardio the next with one day off. In those six weeks, I dropped 10 pounds. The last couple of weeks before I switched to P90X DVD boxset, I would put the DVD’s in and watch them as I rode my stationary bike for an hour. I thought I was ready for P90X Extreme…boy was I wrong.

The first week I was in pain. Not the type of pain that would prevent me from P90X Extreme Home Fitness the next day, it was more like a dull muscle ache. I felt it was a good sign, my muscles were being challanged to grow and strengthen. I didn’t have any trouble going to sleep the first week, as a matter of fact I went to bed an hour and a half earlier than I had the weeks before P90X DVD. One of the reasons I went to bed early was that the only time I had to workout without distractions or interruptions was at 5:30 in the morning. In the past I had done my P90X DVD set at night, but I would often feel to tired to P90X DVD boxset or make excuses to myself for not lifting weights that evening. Those excuses over the years have really put on the pounds.

“All it takes is an hour a day to get in the best shape of your life”. That’s what the Beachbody site claims. Not really true. The P90X Extreme, the longest of the workouts, will consume one hour and 32 minutes of your day. Most of the other workouts are about and hour, but on some days you’ll do one workout and follow it up with Ab Ripper X. That P90X Extreme Home Fitness consists of 15 minutes of gut busting ab and core exercises without a single break in the routine. Although the P90X DVD program is marketed as a program that only requires an hour a day, the facts are it’s going to be a little more. If your looking for an exercise that’s quick and easy, P90X DVD set is not for your. Beachbody offers a couple other programs that are much shorter and are geared for the beginner.

In addition to the time for the P90X DVD boxset, I’ve found that I have been spending more time planning out my meals everyday - which is a good thing. I spend about twice as much time as I used to gathering up healthy snacks and lunches I take to work. Lately I have been closely tracking my nutrional intake using the desktop version of Fitday.com. I seemed to have hit a weight loss plateau at the end of day 30 and now I’m trying to discover the cause of the P90X Extremeproblem. There are a couple of good free online programs that will help you track your daily nutrition, fitday.com and livestrong.com are two of the most popular with P90X Extreme Home Fitness. Journaling my food intake is something I’ve resisted since I have started the program, I know there are studies that claim that dieters who track there food intake are more successful than those who don’t, but it’s so boring and a little too obsessive for me. But I’ve done P90X DVD set for about a week now and it’s becoming more a part of my daily habit. I typically just jot notes down in my day timer, than in the evening spend about 20-30 minutes entering all the data and analyze how I’m doing. My caloric intake is less than what is recommended by the P90X DVD Nutrition Guide, and I’m burning more calories than what I’m taking in - at least that’s what Fitday is telling me. I have noticed that I am consuming more carbs than protein right now. In this phase, the amounts should be equal. That’s where these eating journals/analyzers really prove their worth. I know I need to make an adjust for example trade out the apple for one of my snacks and replace it with a source of protein such as a cheese stick or a protein bar.

My P90X DVD boxset equipment consists or two pairs of dumbbells, a set of cast iron plates for the bars, the Iron Gym doorway pull-up bar, heart rate monitor, and a yoga mat. My diagnostic equipment consists of a fat caliper, Fitday calorie tracking program, and a Thinner brand digital scale.

I have used the bands in a pinch and liked they way they worked out my shoulders in place of the pull-up bar, but I wouldn’t trade my dumbbells for the bands on any of the P90X DVD exercises. If you can work into your budget, go for the dumbbells.

I’ve blogged about my impressions about each workout during my first 30 days so I’ll just summarize my thoughts. Since P90X Extreme is a one size fits all workout, it’s going to be too much for some people and not enough for other people. The P90X Extreme Home Fitness’s don’t take into account any previous injury you have or medical condition that may prevent you from performing some exercises. The Plyometrics workout for me feels like it is actually doing more harm than good since I have knee joint problems and this high impact exercise is nothing but explosive jumping and twisting. Not good for me, so I have to modify the exercises when I feel it putting too much strain on my knees.

After 30 days of P90X DVD, I have noticed a difference in my overall fitness level. I can see why they have a fitness test that you can download for free and attempt at home before you make the commitment and buy P90X DVD set. I took the test and probably should have started with P90 first, but I ignored the results of the test and bought P90X DVD boxset anyway.

I now have a renewed interest in fitness, exercising, and nutrition which is certainly a benefit whether or not I choose to continue using P90X Extreme beyond the 90 days. I’ve discovered some great fitness podcasts and websites so I’m building on my knowledge of weighlifting, supplements, and nutrition each day. I’m not sure what my final results will be in the way of weight loss, but eventually I will be healthier due to P90X Extreme Home Fitness.

I have lost a couple of inches around the waist and shirt collars that were once snug are now really loose. It’s great to see results from my hard work. When I took my 30 day photos I was expecting to see a huge difference, since I only lost five pounds in the first 30 days, I had to analyze the photos to spot the areas of improvement. I can see the loss around the waist and a little more definition in my upper back. I don’t show a lot of my upper legs in the photos, but I have lost inches there too.

Well first the numbers:

Day 1
Weight: 185
Fat Percentage: 25.7%

Day 30
Weight: 140
Fat Percentage: 24.5%

Now the photos:
How P90X Results after 30 Days?? BeforeAfterP90Xsm
Back to top Go down
http://www.dealam.com

How P90X Results after 30 Days??